Working together for a safer escort industry
Ugly Mugs is a scheme that aims to improve the safety of sex workers in Sweden and reduce crimes committed against them, by bringing sex workers together to share information about potential dangers. The features for sex workers include:
- Full web-based service available 24/7 on your computer or smartphone
- Android app that automatically screens incoming and outgoing calls and text messages, and alerts you if you have contact with a number that is in the Ugly Mugs database. App User Guide and Video Demo available here.
- Basic by-SMS service for times when you don't have Internet access
- Confidentially report bad clients or other dangers
- Reports are reviewed by staff and a warning to all sex workers is published
- Option to subscribe to receive new reports by email and/or SMS alerts
- Private discussion forums and chat room where you can talk with other sex workers about safety, health, legal, accommodation and other issues
- Safety advice, legal information and industry news
- Staff support available 7 days a week online or by phone/SMS
- Referrals to specialist support services for sex workers
- Service available in 16 languages, English, Bulgarian, Czech, Chinese, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian
Ugly Mugs is a free service provided in association with Escort-Sweden.com and all sex workers are welcome to join up (You do not need to be an E-S advertiser).
Sex work is not inherently violent. Most clients are good clients. But sex workers in Sweden all too frequently encounter intimidation, violence and other forms of abuse. All criminal behaviour towards sex workers is unacceptable.
We support the right of sex workers to engage in their work as safely as possible.